Skellig Michael Landing Boat Tour Booking Enquiry
So you’re ready to come to Ireland see Skellig Michael for yourself. Great. First things first: boats do two types of tours – the Landing Tour and the Eco Tour. The Landing Tour gets you on Skellig Michael Island itself so it’s significantly more popular. The Eco Tour brings you very close but you don’t get off the boat. If that’s what you’d prefer, please fill out the Skellig Islands Eco Boat Tour Booking Enquiry Form instead.
Landing Tour Background Information.
If you want to maximise your chance of getting a landing tour booking for the date you want, then read our page Booking Skellig Michael Landing Tour Boat Trips: The Definitive Guide.
But here are some key booking facts you need to know:
- There are currently 15 boats licensed to carry 12 passengers as part of daily Landing Tours between mid-May and early October.
- 13 of the 15 boats leave from Portmagee marina and 2 others leave from Ballinskelligs and Derrynane. We’ve compiled a partial List of Licensed Skellig Michael Landing Boat Tour operators and you can contact any of them from this form.
- Here’s the not-so-great news: booking a landing tour is not a guarantee that you will get to land on the island as all landings are absolutely subject to the weather on any particular day. The most recent season had about a 65% success rate. However, please do not be put off by the uncertainty. If anything was worth taking a gamble on, it’s a visit to Skellig Michael.
- When you submit the booking form, you generate a booking request that is sent directly to the relevant tour boat operator to initiate the conversation. The boat operator will respond with their availability and may ask you to provide credit card details at this point. If the boat operator is booked up for the date you wish to visit, you can try another operator as they may have availability.
- If you can’t find a boat on your date, don’t give up hope. You can be extremely lucky with cancellations on the day or, better still, we advise people to book in with local accommodation providers in Portmagee who have long-standing relationships with the boats and may have some spaces set aside for their guests. Check out our Accommodation page for more details.
For even more pre-booking answers, check out our Skellig Michael Boat Tour Booking Frequently Asked Questions.